Wednesday 27 March 2019

Dandelion Wishes Card

Hello!  Welcome to my Wednesday blog post.

As I am writing this post we are getting some much needed rain here in SE Queensland - and some welcome relief from the hot weather we have been experiencing!

Today's card is my entry in the Crazy Crafter's Facebook Group Colour Challenge for March: Bermuda Bay, Grapefruit Grove and Night of Navy.



Honestly, I was a bit daunted by this colour combo and had no idea what I was going to do.  So why not go completely out of my comfort zone and try something I had never done before - sponge brayering!

Sponge brayering - have you tried it before?  I don't know why I waited so long to do it.  It is so easy and was quite relaxing!

In addition to first time brayering, today's card is also my first time using the Dandelion Wishes stamp set.  This is such a beautiful stamp set and I bought it to use in my children's scrapbook/project life albums, but it also makes beautiful cards.

This card was so very simple to make.  I used Bermuda Bay and Grapefruit Grove inks on the background and stamped the sentiment and images in Night of Navy.  A strip of Night of Navy yardstick was used to separate the images and sentiment on the front of the card, with Grapefruit Grove twine wrapped around it as embellishment.



A layer of Night of Navy behind the card front, attached to a thick Whisper White card base and my card was done!  Using the images of the dandelions I also decorated the inside of the card and the envelope.



This was a lot of fun to create and I love the way the card looks.  Although these are not colours that I would have used together, I am so glad I stepped out of my comfort zone and created this card.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you liked my project!

Candice
List of supplies used in this project:


146747 – Dandelion Wishes Clear-Mount Stamp Set



140490 – Whisper White A4 Thick Cardstock


106549 – Whisper White A4 Cardstock


106577 – Night of Navy A4 Cardstock



147096 – Bermuda Bay Classic Stampin’ Pad



147142 – Grapefruit Grove Classic Stampin’ Pad


147110 – Night of Navy Classic Stampin’ Pad



141714 – Sponge Brayers


146342 – Nature’s Twine


No comments:

Post a Comment